Friday, September 27, 2013

Now in a new Blogger post (titled "Results of Online Polls") answer the following questions in at least 2-4 sentences:

  1. Do you think the results are 100% accurate? Why or why not?
I think that they aren't completely correct because not everyone answered the questions. Also because some of the may not have even read them and just answered randomly. I also think that the results might not have been completely accurate because since they answered these questions while having friends beside them, then they might have been pressured by their friends to put something different that they might have not chosen if they were alone and not being observed.
  1. How much of an impact do you think the wording of the questions has on the answers you received?
I think it had a big impact. If it wouldn't have been worded so clearly then they wouldn't answer so well. With the wording I used, I know that they were able to comprehend what they were reading and answer the best possible way. If you don't use clear wording then people don't answer right because they don't fully understand the question
  1. Did you get the results you expected from your online polls? Why?
I got the results I expected because I knew several  people would choose specific options. I knew this because I know that some things are more common or popular than others. However, I also got results that I wouldn't have expected to hear because I though they were the least popular.
  1. If you wanted to do an online poll with the students of Technologico de Montorrey asking them how much time and effort they spent doing homework this year, what are the steps you would take to complete that online poll?
First I would come up withy questions. Then, I would create the poll using precise words and clear questions. I would use numbers like percentages and amounts. And finally, I would allow them to answer one by one so that they wouldn't copy their friends questions.
  1. Do you think online polling could help the administration of Tech de Montorrey find out more about their students? Or do you think that the results would not be accurate? Why or why not?
I think that to a certain point they would help. But also some people would get lazy if they were in a hurry or if the questions were too long. They wouldn't pay so much attention to the questions and just answer randomly because they would want to finish fast.
  1. How do you think the results of your polls would be different if you asked your classmates the questions in person?
I think that it would be different because they would answer better because they wouldn't be so lazy to answer like in a computer. They would also take more time into answering the question and be more honest while answering the question.
  1. In what ways do you think online polling using Google Spreadsheets can be improved? Or was it easier to create an online poll than you originally thought? Explain.
I think that it was easier to create a spreadsheet than I originally thought. It was very simple, fast and efficient. It is a great way of creating polls
 

No comments:

Post a Comment