Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Monday, August 26, 2013

Assignment 4

View the animate video Are you past oriented or future oriented. 

In at least 3-5 sentences answer the following questions.

1. Discuss what the main idea of the video is?
 
The main idea of this video is to show that technology is becoming a bigger part of our lives. It is distracting us from the importance of life which is family and values.

 2. Do you see yourself as past oriented or future oriented? Why?
 
I see myself as both past and future oriented. The reason I'm future is because I am very concentrated on my future. Due to the fact that my family is very important to me, I am also very past oriented.

 3. Do you agree or disagree with the speaker in the video? Explain why?
 
I agree because we should be more involved in our family and values, and focus less on materialistic things. This speaker is correct because we are getting overrun with technology, we must concentrate on what is really important in life.

 4. Do you agree with the speaker's view that young adults' minds are being "digitally rewired"?
Explain your answer.
This is true because, nowadays most young adults can't communicate properly without a laptop or any other technological device. We must learn how to communicate verbally with each other so we won't let technology take over our lives.

 5. Why does the narrator in the video argue that young people dislike a single-function device such as a wristwatch? 
 
Because young people believe that single function devices are useless, since nowadays there are devices that include that function and more.

3 comments:

  1. good blog pau I am proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your point of view. However, I'm not sure why loving your family has to be past oriented. Aside of that, I really liked the fact that your opinion was clearly stated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your view of young adults being digitally rewired. Teenagers, at times, know to communicate better via chat than by communicating by taking. Also, that we are focusing more on technology instead of what is true and real in life. You had really good points!

    ReplyDelete